I’ve just added six more categories:
- Book tour: this one’s obvious. Is for all the posts about book tours. In general, are they a good idea? And specifically, reports from on the road.
- Book challenges: this one’s for censorship, book banning, and challenges, which are sadly common in the land of YA.
- Publishing business: this is for the posts specifically about some aspect of the publishing business. Such as what an editorial letter is, money, and how to get an agent, publishing in Australia etc etc.
- Titles & names: I noticed that I talk about the problem of coming up with a title for my books A LOT. So here’s how you can find those posts in one easy click. I also wacked in stuff about chapter titles, and naming characters.
- Writing goals & milestones: This is more for me than anyone else. It collects together all my deadlines met, books published etc etc.
- Writing life: The whingeing, writer’s block, whether to blog or not, how little we get paid—all aspects of the life of a writer. Or, really, the life of this writer.
- Writing process: The nitty-gritty of writing. My ruminations on how to write a novel, how to rewrite, what I’ve learnt, what I haven’t, and my advice to other writers (for what it’s worth—prolly not much).
As a result of all the extra categories, I’ve gotten rid of the “writing and publishing” category, which was pretty much useless, and amalgamated the MorM books under one category: “Magic or Madness trilogy”.
Wow. I feel so organised. First new year’s resolution is now off the list!