They were correct. Is most excellent show.
And now I weep that it is over—possibly permanently.
For those of you haven’t seen it here’s what I loved:
- The stakes are high.
- Punches are not pulled.
- There are consequences. Dire consequences.
- Strong interesting non-screamy-at-drop-of-hat female characters.
- Killer robots.
- Summer Glau as a killer robot. (It’s the same role she had in Firefly only a MILLION TIMES better.)
- Shirley Manson.
- Shirley Manson’s clothes.
- That there’s an Australian in it with her own accent! (You know, Mely & Karen, if you’d told me that I would have watched it AGES AGO.)
- That the end of the second season was pure genius and MADE TOTAL SENSE.
There was stuff I didn’t like about it. Some of the episodes in the middle of the second season trod water in extremely annoying ways. Some characters and plot lines begun at the beginning of season two were completely abandoned. Though as I was uninterested in those characters or plot lines I didn’t mind so much.
This is a show that is at it’s best when it sticks to the driving, obsessive, tense-making arc plot. Going off on an episode-length tangent is just annoying. I hope that if there is a third season they remember that.
But most of all I just hope that there is a third season.