Scott and me are having a wee bit of an argument. He thinks I sign too slow on account of I like to chat to everyone and make my dedication as personal as possible. He thinks that’s fine with a very short queue but when the line is long you owe it to the people standing in line waiting to go as fast as possible.
In my defense
- Where I was sitting I couldn’t see the queue so I didn’t know how long it was.
- English teachers are interesting and I wanted to know what grades they taught and where they were from.
- Just signing a book is boring. I like to talk to people and figure out why they want their book signed.
- Scott is a hardened pro; I’m still a (relative) newbie.
What do youse lot think? Would you prefer an author who rushes to make the line go quicker? Or would you prefer an author who takes the time to chat with everyone?
- National Council of Teachers of English [↩]