- Beef jerky is good.
- A lint brush is essential.
- A publicist with a sense of humour and a better memory than anyone alive is vastly excellent indeed.
- Publicists are all convinced that authors have the worst memories ever. I suspect they are right.
- I know that some writers get heaps of work done while on tour but I am most definitely not one of them.
- Q & A is always the best part of an appearance. Though I already knew that.
- No one wants to hear an author read. Boring!
- If you must be stuck in a dread car for ages it’s best to have witty, entertaining company and be in a convertible.
- School visits are best when the students aren’t being forced to listen to you. At all my school events the students were engaged and asked great questions because they wanted to be there. Especially the Ravenous Readers of Wallenberg High School. You guys were fabulous. Thanks so much for the bulldog pin!
- Booksellers and librarians are my fave people in the universe.
- If book shops must have a cat it should be hairless.
- There are indeed Sharpies wherever you go.
But most of all book tours are fun. I mean think of it: I’m being flown around the country to talk to mad keen readers about my books. It’s bloody brilliant. I am so lucky.
Here’s hoping I get to meet some more of you blog readers on the next three legs of the tour.1
- There are four legs in all. My tour is a cow. [↩]