My request for the redesign was pretty simple:
- Make it look as much like the existing blog as possible. Only, you know, better.
- Keep it clean and simple and easily navigable.
- Set it up so I don’t have to turn to a designer every time I have a new book to add.
Stephanie succeeded on all fronts. I love it. SO MUCH.
Not only is it beautiful but there’s loads more stuff such as:
- A How To Ditch Your Fairy section with a sneak preview, a list of known fairies, a glossary,2 not to mention two deleted scenes—remember when I mentioned all the chapters I deleted? Well, now you can read a couple of them.3
- Two short stories that have never been online before. One from Gwenda Bond & Christopher Rowe‘s fabulous Say . . . zine and the other from Cat Sparks‘ equally fabo Agog! Smashing Stories anthology. Both had smallish print runs and are not so easy to come by.
- The Afterword which only appeared in the Australian edition of Magic or Madness.
The musings, which were my pre-blog blog, have been added to the Archives so they’re much easier to access than previously. They stretch back to 2002. Some of them are quite revealing and some embarrassing. A few I’m very proud of.
I was sad to leave my old site behind. It was a gorgeous design and I’ll miss it, which is why I have this page to commemorate the old site and thank its designer, Deb Biancotti, for all her work.
Please have a bit of an explore. Let me know what you think and report any typos, broken links, weirdnesses that you find. I wants it to be perfect, I does!
Here’s hoping you like the new look as much as I do.