This post is dedicated to
my beloved father, John Bern,
because the novel I dedicated to him
has not found a publisher yet
I think it will make him gag
Happiness is . . .
- Finishing the first draft of a novel that was tonnes of fun to write, which means the rewrites are going to be even more fun.
- Celebrating said finish by going out to see fabulous theatre (Keating at the Belvoir) with my parents, sister and husband.
- Continuing the celebration with a wonderful meal at Tabou (best mussels ever!), drinking loads of champagne, and filling Scott in on all the stuff he missed in Keating: Gareth Evans, Eddie Mabo, Native Title and why Alexander Downer was in drag with fishnet stockings.
- Coming home to discover that Bertelsmann Verlag has bought the German rights to Magic’s Child and will be publishing the whole trilogy in 2008 with two month gaps between each title. No annnoying waiting for the German readers.
- Trying to decide whether to have a bit of a holiday in Ireland or Spain. Such a dilemma!
What all is making you lot happy? We happy peoples love company!