You are correct that I have not been blogging much or responding to comments like I usually do or even responding to email a whole lot.
The reason is that I’m on a deadline (yes, the same one, yes, it was moved again, yes I really have to meet this one) and am working my arse off. (Oh, how I miss my arse!)
In the meantime I think you lot should entertain me. Here are some questions:
- Does anyone have any recs for best brunch place in NYC?
- Who’s going to be the first Australian to win the Tour de France (no, it doesn’t have to be this year)?
- What’s the best book you’ve read lately?
- I just read Out by Natuso Kirino. Loved it. Can anyone recommend a recent crime novel that’s sort of like? I don’t like mysteries—that is I prefer crime books where you know who done it and it’s the whys that are the thing. So I want something all psychologicy. (My fave crime writers are Patricia Highsmith and Jim Thompson.)
- Where do I go to buy buttons in NYC? (Yes, that’s right I still haven’t gotten them.) (Oh, and by “buttons” I mean those things that can fasten clothes.)
- Is anyone else following the New York Liberty this year? Testing times, eh?
- Apparently I need some kind of formal wear, you know, like a dress. Anyone got any recs for cool interesting designery shops in NYC?
- What’s your favourite Elvis song and why?
- Without googling explain the difference between the Australian and New Zealand flags. Which is lamer?
- What new-to-DVD movie should I get to reward myself when I finally meet the deadline?
Thanks! Hope you’re all having a fab weekend (what’s left of it), that all your deadlines are being met and you don’t look at Monday morning with too much dread. As soon as my deadline is finished I promise to be a good blogger again.
Update: bonus question:
Riemannia‘s question here reminds me that I’ve been wondering what you call those metal door thingies that you see all the time here in the footpaths of NYC. You know, that when you open them reveal stairs that lead down into the basement of shops and restaurants and bars. Do they have a name? They aren’t grates so what are they?