That sound? Is me running by fast with my wings asingin’
Silence is because I been:
- working, working, working on the making good of book,
- seeing Bill Clinton walk down 50th street to the sound of a hundred school kids letting out I-am-near-a-rock-star squeals,
- plotting out my liar book,
- seeing the New York Liberty (mostly) get beaten at Madison Square Garden,
- attending the launch of Catherine Gilbert Murdoch’s Dairy Queen. How good is this new young adult book? Very very very. It has cows, gridiron, dentistry and true love and the most wonderful first person protag I’ve come across in an age. I heart DJ.
In the meantime here are some intermanet webby things of great interest:
- a friend of mine is destroying innocent wooden planks
- and, lastly, while I’ve been away the prime minister of Australia appears to have gone completely barking mad and appointed a horse as a member of the board of the Australian Broadcasting Commission. I shudder to think what else will happen during my six month absence. Maybe I should hurry home right now?
Okay, back to work for me. One last thing in advance of tomorrow’s 9am (NYC time) match against Brazil: AUSSIE! AUSSIE! AUSSIE! OI! OI! OI!
Or, in other words, please, please, please let us not give away too many goals against them . . .